No Fracking Way

Disposing of Frack Waste in Ft. Worth (on the cheap)

by William Huston on April 5, 2014

This video was recorded today in Fort Worth, Texas. These cigar shaped tank trucks are used to haul frack flowback and are commonly known as “dragon trucks” after the manufacturer. Frack waste haulers are on the low end of the fracking pyramid – they have billions of gallons of frack flowback to get rid of and they are paid by the load, so they are inclined to speed and cut corners. They also have to pay a tipping fee to the disposal well owner to take their load. This fella seems to have forgotten to close the valve on his load of 130 BBLs (5,460 gallons) of frack waste.

Or maybe he left it open on purpose? You know, trucking to those disposal wells is so expensive, and there’s just so much of this toxic radioactive frack goo that it’s hard to know what to do with it all. Dump it in the creek when no one is looking? Dump it in the woods?  (In Texas, as in most states, frack waste is not recycled, it’s dumped, supposedly in disposal wells.)

Or just open up the valve and drive around the DFW Metroplex until the tank is dry. Take the tipping fees intended for the disposal well and split ‘em with your boss.
BONUS!

Repeat.

The same frack waste hauler ran over a 14 year old boy on a bike last year.
On their way to a Chesapeake frack site. . .

And this doesn’t only happen in Texas folks. It happens in Pennsylvania and New York and North Dakota, too.

Frack Truck Dumping on Road Ft Worth TX 4-5-2014

130 bbl waste truck

130 bbl waste truck

truck with open valve sharon sims belvin frack waste ft worth dumping

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

vera scroggins April 6, 2014 at 8:15 am

you are too funny ! even though, this is very serious and tragic ; but you did get me laughing heartily….
life seems to be some sick, cosmic joke….

vera scroggins April 6, 2014 at 8:53 am

I just watched the above video and I called the company today , April 6th at 9:45 am. and talked to two guys
and they told me to find the number on the back of the truck , in the middle, it’s 3 numbers and let them know
and call back tomorrow at 9 am. and talk to the safety guys, Matt Barton and Joe Jones and tell them
about all this; I told the guys today what I saw and the numbers I can see on the video and photograph
seem to be 124 or 121 . I will call back and anyone else who wants to call. I was polite and calm…..
good for the citizen who followed this truck and taped it and tried to do something about it….
so, remember, to take the back numbers also besides the US DOT numbers; they weren’t interested in the US DOT
numbers….!

vera scroggins April 6, 2014 at 9:03 am

I just heard back from the trucking company and they want me to send them the video , which I
did and they are looking into it. Frank Harris from the company just called me.

Sharon Sims-Belvin April 6, 2014 at 9:49 am

Thanks Vera! My sister called them yesterday right after this happened. They also told her they needed the truck #…at the time we weren’t sure what it was. I now know it was #124. They were not interested in the DOT but said that they could check the GPS to see which truck had pulled over at I30 and Greenoaks Rd. I appreciate you making the call and spreading the word. She spoke with a guy named Liam at the trucking company so they have an idea of what’s going on.

Kim Feil April 6, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Patrick April 6, 2014 at 3:53 pm

Go to this website to report it to Texas Dept Public Safety – Commercial Vehicle Enforcement.

Charlie April 6, 2014 at 4:39 pm

A minimum $2,000,000 fine should be administered…no exceptions. Hopefully the shady businesses, which should be forced to be bonded, will be forced out of business without going bankrupt as many of them do as subsidiaries. And the driver’s CDL should be permanently revoked in every case. It would stop immediately. Money talks and the states’ DEC’s should be fired and their pensions revoked if proven one time to being complicit! They receive trooper pay in NYS which is a very good living, and that doesn’t count the benefits including a great pension. We need leaders with backbones!!!!!

Nick April 7, 2014 at 9:31 pm

A few months ago, a driver for the same company ran over a kid and killed him, and was completely unaware – http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/08/02/5053020/truck-driver-didnt-know-boy-14.html

Paul Roden April 19, 2014 at 12:13 pm

Besides the liquid fracking waste of “produced water”, “well brine”, “flowback”, there is the radioactive drill cuttings which is setting of radiation detectors at municipal waste dumps and least we forget the radioactive radon that is in the methane. Yet another reason to ban fracking and confront the lie and the myth that fracking is safe.