In case you’re wondering how the presidential candidates differ in their energy policies here are some bullet points from their energy policy.
- Will approve the Keystone Pipeline on his first day in office.
- Strip EPA of authority to regulate carbon dioxide.
- Strip DOI of authority over federal lands and give authority to states.
- Kill wind energy by eliminating the production tax credit.
- Keep all incentives and tax breaks for oil & gas industry to the tune of $4 billion/year.
- Stick with federal ethanol mandate.
- Drill all federal lands and water, both coasts and even the Arctic National Refuge.
- Opposes fuel efficiency standards.
- Neuter the EPA.
- Let states regulate fracking
- Raise fuel efficiency standards.
- EPA maintains authority to regulate carbon dioxide.
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Maintain incentives for wind & solar which have doubled during his administration.
- Eliminate $4 billion incentives and tax breaks for oil & gas.
- Maintain drilling moratorium on Pacific and most of Atlantic Coasts & DOI keeps leasing authority.
- Allow State Department to decide if Keystone XL is in nation’s best interest.
- Seeks federal safety standards for fracking.
Source: Washington Post